LeapMatic LLC is a company with the mission to make the latest technologies accessible to everyone. The development of inexpensive single board computers, combined with open hardware and software makes it possible for all of us to find creative ways to improve our daily lives. We collect your data to help us achieve our mission, and we consider and respect your privacy rights every step of the way.
We want to be completely open about what we are doing and why. The purpose of this policy is to explain how LeapMatic LLC and all of its subsidiaries collect and use the personal information you provide to us, whether online, via phone, email, in letters, in any other correspondence, or even from other people.
We ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information. This policy explains:
- Who are we
- What information we collect about you
- Why we collect that information…
- How we collect and store that information
- What we use your information for
- On what legal basis we use your information
- Who we share your information with
- How long we keep your information for
- Your rights
- Information about cookies.
- How to contact us about your data
1. Who are we
LeapMatic LLC is a company with the mission to make the latest technologies accessible to everyone. The development of inexpensive single board computers, combined with open hardware and software makes it possible for all of us to find creative ways to improve our daily lives. We do this so that more people can harness the power of digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.
We provide low-cost high-quality cases for single-board computers such as Raspberry Pi and Asus Thinkerboard. We also specialise in the development and implementation of different modules, automation solutions and building access control through the use of single board computers.
The LeapMatic LLC is registered in USA with unified business identifier 603510161. Our General Representative of LeapMatic in Europe is LESI 2000 Ltd registrated in Bulgaria with registrated number BG115272270. Within the context of this policy, “we” means both the LeapMatic LLC and its subsidiaries listed above.
2. What information we collect about you
We aim to limit the information we collect about you to only what we think is required for the purpose for which we collect it. We collect your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number when you give it to us for various purposes.
We may also collect information such as your gender and date of birth, or, when you volunteer to fill in one of our survey forms, additional information such as your occupation or area of residence; in such cases, we will make you aware of this.
When you visit our website, we may collect technical information relating to your use of our website, including your browser type or the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet. For more on this, see section 10, “Information about cookies”.
As the information we collect about you will be stored on our IT infrastructure, it may also be shared with our data processors who provide email, relationship management, anonymous analytics, document management, and storage services to us.
3. Why we collect that information
We collect your information:
- When you order products from our store
- When you support us by donation
- When you contribute to research that we undertake
- When you visit our online community, including our website
- When you sign up to receive our newsletters or blog updates
If you want to understand more about why we collect your data, please contact us at email@example.com
4. How we collect and store that information
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate, and up to date, and that it is kept only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
You should be aware that the use of the internet is not entirely secure, and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information that is transferred from you or to you via the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features such as encryption to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. What we use your information for
We collect your data on the occasions listed in section 3, “Why we collect that Information”.
We use the information we have collected to deliver to you 1) information and services connected with the mission of the LeapMatic LLC, and 2) any newsletters you subscribe to. Your comments on our blogs and contributions to our forums help us in our mission.
6. On what legal basis we use your information
We have a lawful basis for collecting your data as set out in section 3, “Why we collect that Information”, and for using the data for the purposes described in section 5, “What we use your information for”.
Lawful basis may include:
- Where it is within our legitimate interests to process your information to further our mission to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We know that under this basis of processing, we have a heightened responsibility to keep your interests central and to make sure that your rights as a data subject override our legitimate interest.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party. If you fail to provide this information, we may be unable to perform the contract.
7. Who we share your information with
We never exchange or sell your information to any third party.
We occasionally use third parties outside of the LeapMAtic LLC to process your personal data on our behalf. We are in the process of listing these third party processors and will provide a list of them here in due course. We do change these processors from time to time and will do what we can to update this table regularly.
Where these third parties are not in the European Economic Area, we make sure that it is safe to share your information to them.
8. How long we keep your information for
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for our purposes, or for any period required by law, for example for compliance with HMRC requirements, if this is longer. What is necessary will depend on the reason for which the information was collected. We are developing a data retention schedule and will share this in due course.
If you have any questions about how long we keep your information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Your rights
Right of access — you have a right to ask us to confirm whether we are processing information about you, and to request access to this information.
Right to rectification — you may ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate or incomplete. If you inform us that your personal data is inaccurate, we will inform relevant third parties with whom we have shared your data so that they may update their own records.
Right of portability — you have a right to obtain your personal data from us and reuse it for your own purposes.
Right to be forgotten — you have a right to seek the erasure of your data, for example where it is no longer necessary for us to continue holding or processing your personal data. This right is not absolute, as we may need to continue processing this information to comply with a legal obligation.
Right to restriction — you have a right to ask us to restrict our processing of your information if:
- You contest its accuracy and we need to verify whether it is accurate.
- You ask us to restrict use of it instead of deleting it.
- We no longer need the information for the purpose of processing, but you need it to establish or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to processing of your information being necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests. The restriction would apply while we carry out a balancing act between your rights and our legitimate interests. If you exercise your right to restrict processing, we would still need to process your information for the purpose of exercising or defending legal claims, for the purpose of protecting the rights of another person, or for public interest reasons.
You can always unsubscribe from any mailing list you are included on, ask us to delete or anonymize your forum posts, and ask us to delete any comments on our blog. You can do so by contacting us at email@example.com
10. Information about cookies
The LeapMatic LLC’s website, like most websites, uses small text files called cookies. This note provides information on what cookies are, which cookies the LeapMatic LLC uses, and how they can be controlled.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This lets us improve the way our website works, for example by helping us to ensure that users are easily finding what they are looking for.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
For more information about the individual cookies we use, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. We recommend you visit www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after we no longer use them and in any event within two years of your session.
12. How to contact us about your data
Data rights are human rights and we are determined to fairly and fully honour yours. You can unsubscribe at any time or just get in touch with any questions, comments, or instructions regarding your information by writing to email@example.com